2017 Global Sustainability Standards Conference
Global Sustainability Standards Conference: The future of trust
Now in its 8th year, the Global Sustainability Standards Conference will take a look into the future of trust. With the emergence of new initiatives, new technologies, new expectations, how are standards and certification systems rising to the challenge of doing more while maintaining credibility? How are businesses, producers, and other stakeholders playing a role in meeting new commitments and achieving positive impacts?
Through the lens of specific topics, issues and case studies from a range of sectors, we will explore changing stakeholder perceptions and expectations around trust. Join 400 senior professionals working in businesses, NGOs, government and academia, as we delve into the hot topics in the realm of standards and certification, and look at how standards can provide certainty in an uncertain world.
Some of the topics we will discuss include:
- Standards evolution: find out how standards are responding to the need to adapt and broaden what they offer
- Collaboration: hear in-depth case studies of how collaboration made an idea or approach more effective, and where the challenges were
- Business case: hear from businesses and standards on what is really motivating sourcing decisions
- New sourcing models: go in-depth into new and established standards and initiatives that are tackling sourcing issues in challenging sectors
- Scaling up: take a look at innovative approaches to achieving scale and how standards systems must maintain credibility while ramping up
- Data and technology: learn about the latest tools and trends in data and technology that are shaking up the audit process
- Biodiversity and deforestation: explore the biggest threats to biodiversity and our forests and how smallholders and certification leaders have a critical role
- Sustainable Development Goals: learn how you can implement the specifics of your company’s SDG commitments effectively and credibly
- Forced and bonded labour: discover how standards are helping businesses to deepen their impact on workers’ rights and slavery-free supply chains, and what is next to come
The conference is made up of in-depth case studies, interactive panel debates, world café style discussions, fish bowl conversations, networking opportunities and more.
You can view the full programme here.
For a taste of what to expect at the 2017 Global Sustainability Standards Conference, watch Target's Kelly Caruso delivering her keynote speech last year:
Click here for more videos and resources from Global Sustainability Standards Conference 2016.
The Global Sustainability Standards Conference in 2017 is hosted in partnership with the Swiss government and UK government.