10 Years of ISEAL: Annual Report 2012
In 2012 we celebrated our tenth anniversary and some of the organisation's biggest milestones to date. With a decade of work behind us, we are seeing sustainability standards systems become a global force in promoting sustainable supply chains and fostering progress in diverse sectors.
We finalised our third Code of Good Practice, the Assurance Code, a forward-looking document that articulates what credible certification looks like while recognising the importance of innovation (to ensure a balance of rigour and accessibility). We embarked on year-long global consultation to reach agreement on the core values of an effective standards system, the Credibility Principles, which launched in 2013. We also started a ground-breaking project to increase the use and influence of sustainability standards in emerging economies and public procurement and continued our work with a group of ISEAL members to demonstrate poverty impacts collaboratively.
2012 also marked:
- The first phase of our strategic review to determine the ISEAL Alliance's aims for 2014-2016
- The transition of two organisations to full membership and four new associate members
- Significant progress in the monitoring and evaluation systems of many ISEAL members
- Increased coordination of members in areas such as pesticides and producer access
- The launch of a new website and multimedia tools to provide a vibrant learning hub for standards systems
Download the report here