Are you an accomplished administrator and keen to put your organisational skills to use in an international not for profit organisation? If you have excellent administration and logistics skills and a customer-focused, friendly approach to work, then the role of Administration Assistant, Innovations might be right for you.
ISEAL represents the global movement of sustainability standards, and its members include many of the leading standards and certification schemes worldwide, such as Fairtrade, Rainforest Alliance, Marine Stewardship Council, Forest Stewardship Council and the Better Cotton Initiative. Our vision is a world in which social, environmental and economic sustainability is the normal condition of business. Please find out more about us on our website www.iseal.org.
The Innovations team is looking to recruit a proactive and highly organised Assistant to provide administrative support to deliver ISEAL’s Innovations Programme. A big part of the role is about supporting the operations of the Innovations Fund, which provides grants to ISEAL members to test innovative ideas.
The Innovations Programme is a cross-organisational effort to support innovative thinking and collaboration by sustainability standards systems, with the goal of increasing their effectiveness and impact. As part of the Innovations team, the successful candidate will provide critical administrative, logistics and communications support, thereby playing a pivotal role in the successful running of the programme.
To be considered for this role, you will be highly organised and have gained some experience already in roles focused on project administration and team support, ideally in a non-governmental or professional organisation. As a result, you are confident maintaining administrative processes and systems, and familiar with scheduling and supporting the delivery of meetings and workshops. You have the ability to work independently and thrive being part of a team. You have a friendly and professional demeanour, clear attention to detail, and are comfortable communicating with individuals at different levels and from different backgrounds,
In return, ISEAL offers a supportive organisational culture, and good opportunities to develop professionally and personally in an international NGO environment.
Innovations Fund Implementation
- Act as first point of contact for enquiries from potential applicants and others
- Maintain and update the internal calendar for the fund
- Support contracting process for new grant recipients
- Monitor grant recipients´ submission of financial, technical & other reports as per grant agreements
- Communicate closely with and support grant recipients regarding grant payments
- Schedule and support meetings of the Grant Decision-Making Committee and grant recipients
- Assist the efficient and effective operation of the fund through participating in the regular review and revision of existing policies, procedures and templates
- Support reforecasting of fund´s financial commitments and donor reporting
General support to Innovations team
- Coordinate effective recording and updating of project data for donor reporting
- Support team with the preparation and management of consultant contracting, as well as the processing of consultant expense and fee claims
- Update contact database (Salesforce) and support management of the platform
- Organise and maintain all procurement and contracting records in the relevant format
- Provide logistics support to team – arranging meetings, travel and accommodation; responding to invitations and making bookings for conferences, seminars and other external events.
- Support the delivery of meetings and workshops, including minute taking
- Prepare expenses reports
Experience, Knowledge and Attributes
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant subject
- Experience working/interning/volunteering in administrative or project support role
- Strong organisational skills, and experience with and an affinity for administration, meeting/event organisation, logistics, etc.
- Good time management and ability to prioritize work and multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, displaying professionalism and right level of tact and awareness
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Natural problem solver and results focused
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently as well as being part of a team
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good IT skills, familiarity with virtual meeting tools (e.g. Skype, GoToMeeting, etc.) and the use of contact management databases (e.g. Salesforce) and MS Office
- Flexibility to allow for some travel, some variable working hours, and some modifications of tasks and responsibilities as team and project needs change;
- Desire to contribute to a more sustainable world
- Experience working in sustainability, which may have been gained via academic, internship, employment or voluntary settings.
- Proficient in Spanish
Other relevant information
This is intended as a long term position with an initial contract of one year
£22,500 – 25,500 p.a. depending on experience
Based on a full time equivalent of 37.5 hours per week.
Based in ISEAL’s London head office. Applicants will need to provide evidence that they are entitled to work in the UK.
The post holder may be required to undertake occasional international travel
25 days / year (including office closure between Christmas and New Year)
Ideal Start Date:
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a current CV and a statement explaining how they meet the selection criteria for the position to email@example.com, quoting the job title “Administration Assistant, Innovations”. Specific enquiries about this role and the application process can be sent to the same email.
Deadline for applications will be 3 April 2019, noon (BST). We regret that we will only be able to contact short-listed candidates.