Are you a proactive, highly organised individual with experience in building community spaces for members or customers? Do you have a passion for creating high quality online and in-person peer exchange or learning experiences? If you are looking to apply these skills and interests in a sustainability focused organisation, this role may be a great opportunity for you.
The Associate Manager, Membership plays a critical role in ISEAL’s efforts to deliver high-quality programming for member organisations, helping staff from across ISEAL’s membership access the opportunities and resources that ISEAL offers. ISEAL has been growing rapidly, and the Associate Manager will join at an important moment to support ISEAL to scale the reach and depth of its engagement with staff at member organisations.
The Associate Manager facilitates organisational planning and strategy for how to broaden and deepen member engagement in the ISEAL Community.
The role leads on the planning and delivery of member programming, including major (online and in-person) member events, such as ISEAL Members’ Weeks and our Communities of Practice, ensuring high quality and well-coordinated delivery and working closely with ISEAL’s technical or programmatic staff who provide content and facilitation. The role also ensures the ISEAL Platform (ISEAL’s member-only website) supports members in their learning journeys and in their ability to connect with peers via online groups.
If you are motivated to deepen organisational engagement with a diverse global audience of sustainability practitioners, then this role could be the right fit for you. This role requires creative thinking to design programming, excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate with colleagues and members, strong project management and event planning skills to deliver events, and a keen interest in quality customer service and customer experience. The ideal candidate is very interested in the world of market-driven sustainability and ISEAL’s work to make sustainability systems more effective.
Broaden and deepen member engagement in the ISEAL Community
- Expand and improve global access to ISEAL engagement opportunities
- Deepen and expand reach with a growing and diverse group of people within member organisations, working closely with colleagues in the membership team to ensure effective communications with members
- Facilitate organisational thinking on how we best create community and engage with a growing, dynamic, and diverse global audience
- Coordinate with senior staff on consistent approach to member engagement across the organisation
Lead on Community programming
- Develop and execute in-person and virtual programming for Communities of Practice (CoPs) and Members’ Weeks
- Coordinate content for programming across organisation, and work closely with the technical and programmatic staff who will deliver programming
- Use information from a range of sources to support programming. Collaborate with Senior Manager, Credibility to define learning objectives for the CoPs from member annual reviews and improvement plans and build in feedback from CoPs and Members Week.
- Provide direction on how we build out our online and asynchronous offer for members on the recently launched ISEAL Platform. Advance the use of the Platform as a space for members to engage with their peers.
- Provide internal leadership to ensure that the Platform continues to meet member needs, working with the Assistant, Membership to identify necessary technical improvements
- Act as an internal resource for ISEAL staff using the Platform, supporting colleagues to produce effective, consistent e-learning resources, maintaining oversight of the quality of the resources and content on the Platform
- Line manage direct reports, where applicable, and indirectly supervise colleagues contributing to member events
- Develop and manage project/event plans and budgets
- Participate actively in team and organisational planning and activities
- Participate in internal staff management processes such as performance reviews, supervisory meetings, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Track record in building community or member engagement in a non-profit/membership organisation, with a strong customer service and value proposition orientation
- Experience engaging a diverse global audience
- Track record in curating and delivering events; and experience in delivery of webinars and/or meeting facilitation
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work collaboratively with people across cultures and time zones
- Demonstrable experience in project management, including effective time management, task management, multi-tasking, basic budget and resource management
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills. Experience with production of articles, blogs, event related materials a plus.
- Confidence in using IT systems, familiarity with virtual meeting tools (e.g. Teams, Zoom, GoToMeeting, etc), use of contact management databases (e.g. Salesforce) and proficiency in MS Office
- Experience working independently in a remote work environment
- Understanding of sustainability and market-based approaches to sustainability
Other relevant information
Deadline: This is a rolling recruitment process, with applications being considered as they arrive and first interviews held in early to mid-December. Final deadline will be 2 January 2023
Term: Initial 12-months fixed term contract, with a view to extend beyond original term
Salary: £40,500-44,000 p.a. depending on experience
Working Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week.
Location: The preferred location for this position in London, but other locations will be considered for exceptional candidates, in particular Belgium and Netherlands or cross-border employment for these two countries. Applicants will need to provide evidence that they are entitled to work in the relevant location. An ability and willingness to work from home is also required.
International Travel: The post holder may be required to undertake occasional international travel
Annual Leave: 25 days / year for a full-time position (including office closure between Christmas and New Year)
Ideal Start Date: asap
Specific enquiries about this role and the application process can be sent to the email@example.com.