The consultation on the second draft of the ISEAL Code of Good Practice is now closed. Thank you to everyone who provided feedback. If you missed the deadline and would still like to share your views, please contact us at email@example.com.
About the Code
The ISEAL Code of Good Practice revises and integrates the ISEAL Impacts, Standard-Setting, and Assurance Codes of Good Practice, and also incorporates essential practices from the ISEAL Sustainability Claims Good Practice Guide.
A briefing note on the second draft of the Code is available in the following formats:
- Overview of the second draft of the Code (available in English, Portuguese, Spanish and French)
- Summary of changes from the first to second drafts (for those who participated in the first consultation round)
You may also wish to review the second draft of the Code:
Additional supporting documents:
- Glossary of key terms (draft)
- Approach to compliance and transition period for the revised Code (proposal)
- Due diligence guidance
Revision and integration process
The revision and integration process is being overseen by a Steering Group, made up of a diverse group of stakeholders, who are providing guidance and support to this significant change process.
The second draft of the Code incorporated feedback received in the first consultation. We supplemented this with further activities to understand stakeholder perspectives, including commissioning a review of NGO recommendations and critiques of sustainability systems, and conducting interviews with representatives of sustainability systems with innovative models.
The second round of consultation ran from 31 May to 30 July, with feedback accepted until 4 August. Final amendments and approvals will happen later in the year or early 2024.
Want to learn more?
Listen back to the following webinars to learn more about the draft Code:
- Introducing the second draft of the ISEAL Code of Good Practice | Consultation launch webinar
- The ISEAL Code of Good Practice: what's changed in the second draft? | ISEAL Community Member webinar
- A guiding framework for monitoring, evaluation and learning | Public webinar
- Due diligence, grievance, and remediation in the ISEAL Code of Good Practice | ISEAL Community Member webinar
If you have any feedback or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.