The global ambition to solve sustainability challenges is growing. In response, standards have evolved and so has ISEAL: we have a new membership structure in effect since November.
The change in structure allows us to bring more value to our members and stakeholders – and to better achieve our vision. Our members are now better equipped to innovate, scale and demonstrate impact. And more sustainability systems have access to expertise and networks to improve their practices.
Widening the scope of eligible systems
We developed our new membership structure based on extensive consultation. We broadened the scope of systems eligible to apply for ISEAL membership, meaning we can work more closely with a wider range of sustainability standards and similar systems.
An inclusive learning community
We are now better able to support continued improvement, learning and collaboration among a wider range of sustainability systems. We encourage all sustainability systems to consider joining ISEAL.
Members benefit from:
- opportunities to test and explore new ideas
- sharing experiences and collaborating to advance sustainability solutions
- access to a wealth of resources and guidance, including Communities of Practice that support systems in implementing the ISEAL Codes of Good Practice.
Our new membership structure
We now have three membership categories:
ISEAL Community Member
For ISEAL Community Members the emphasis is on improvement, sharing learning, building a community of trust and collaboration. Community Members:
- have access to all ISEAL’s learning, collaboration and innovation resources
- improve their systems, share experiences and demonstrate transparency
- periodically review their system’s improvements, however, they are not be required to participate in ISEAL’s compliance programme.
ISEAL Code Compliant
ISEAL Code Compliant members are independently evaluated to our Codes of Good Practice. Code Compliant members are:
- able to make claims of Code compliance
- able to use the ISEAL Code Compliant logo.
ISEAL Accreditation Member
ISEAL Accreditation Members continue to be independently evaluated to ISO/IEC 17011:2017, the ISO requirements for accreditation bodies.
Our new membership structure has also prompted us to relaunch our previous subscriber offer as ISEAL Insight. ISEAL Insight allows organisations to keep up-to-date on developments in the field of sustainability systems.
Whether you are working on sustainability issues and using sustainability systems or whether you are in the early stages of considering ISEAL membership for your system, ISEAL Insight is for you.
ISEAL Insight provides access to:
- a user-friendly library of resources, technical documents and guidance notes
- news, analysis and updates via a monthly newsletter and regular webinars.
To sign up to ISEAL Insight or learn more about our new membership structure, email firstname.lastname@example.org