This is one of three infographics that illustrate how the adoption of sustainability standards can contribute towards achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The examples, based on research of ISEAL members’ impacts, cover:
- Agricultural productivity
- Farmer incomes and profitability
- Energy efficiency
- Water conservation and management
- Economic productivity and entrepreneurship
- Workers’ safety, rights and wellbeing
- Tackling child labour
Examples range from statistics highlighting the boost in farm productivity as a result of certification across a number of sectors that are vital for smallholder livelihoods, to examples of how sustainability standards uphold core labour rights, help to improve workers’ safety and wellbeing at certified sites and promote industrial dialogue.
originally posted on 09/02/2017